Drone Surveying & Data Collection
PBS now offers Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) services for aerial data collection and photogrammetric processing. By using drone technology, our engineers and surveyors can supplement traditional data collection methods by analyzing, mapping, and distributing data with increased value and efficiency.
Benefits of UAS
- Efficiency – Whether you’re conducting a 600-acre topographic survey or inspecting 100 miles of powerlines, drones can cover more ground in less time without sacrificing accuracy.
- Cost – Traditional means of gathering aerial data (manned aircraft) are typically cost-prohibitive. With PBS UAS, even small projects can benefit from aerial mapping.
- Safety – Navigating aggregate stockpiles, tower inspections, and cliff faces can present high-risk situations for staff. UAS technology allows you to continue performing the same work without putting your most valuable resource in harm’s way.
- Long-Term Value – Once a flight has been conducted, a wide range of additional deliverables are available at a minimal cost. High resolution maps, 3D models, color 3D prints and more are available as additional deliverables—and can often be created from the same UAS flight.
- Rapid Turnaround – Traditional manned aircraft typically require a 3-5-week turnaround time and satellite imagery can take months. With UAS, turnaround times are typically 1-3 business days.
- Unrivaled Resolution – UAS offers ultra high resolution imagery not previously possible with traditional data collection methods.
- GIS Compatibility – Orthomosaics, surface models, contour lines and 3D models that are compatible with a wide range of GIS and CAD programs.
- Skilled Staff – PBS uses commercially insured UAS operators who are FAA licensed.
Contact us to discuss what drones can do for you!
* * * * * *